how to reinstall?

  • From: "Ara" <ara@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 09:36:33 -0800

Hello

Thank you for helping. I have to reinstall my exchange box as there are so
many troubles going on and might be better to do a clean install. I am going
to follow these steps. Are these correct?

1.      shutdown the exchange server machine
2.      go to active directory and find the exchange server machine and then
right click and choose reset account
3.      reinstall windows and do the updates till the same patch level
4.      join it to domain using the old machine name it had
5.      install exchange using disaster recovery mode
6.      mount the database

Is everything will be ok if I follow this? Wouldn't I face any domain or
schema problems?

Windows server 2003 + exchange 2003 enterprise