Re: A large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send queue.

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 14:16:39 -0500

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 09:34:39 -0700, Edwin Jean-Gilles
<ejeangilles@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> I'm running SBS 2003 and I get this alert saying:
>
> A large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send queue.
>
> Verify that you have Internet connectivity. If you can view Web sites
> normally, contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to determine if
> there is a problem with their e-mail server.
>
> You can disable this alert or change its threshold by using the Change
> Alert Notifications task in the Server Management Monitoring and Reporting
> taskpad.
>
> When I open my queues.  I see 46 diferent queues with messages pending in
> a lot of them.  Also I noticed that Microsoft Exchange MTA Stacks service
> seems to stop after I start it.  I believe these message are rejects is
> there any way to have these message forwared to another email address or
> to create some kind of NDR report for them.  Any help would be
> appreciated.  Thanks in advance...

Are these legitimate emails or is your system-wide anti-virus system
not yet implemented or not up-to-date? What have you done to attempt
to resolve this? What has changed since this problem began?

Is your SBS able to connect to external email hosts?

...D