4.4.7 Sending Problem

  • From: Chris Cerer <ccerer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:17:20 -0600

Ok, here's one for all of you.  I'm having difficulty sending email to one
domain, ameritech.net.  My stats are:  W2K server, E2k sp2, DNS hosted on
site, DSL connection.  The emails that are sent to ameritech.net are timing
out in the queue, and coming up with a 4.4.7 error.  My server is not a
relay, so I can rule that out.  This is the only domain that I have this
happen with.  I would  like to think that it is not my setup, since no other
domains have this problem.  Is it possible that ameritech.net is performing
some sort of reverse lookup on messages to prevent spam to their customers
that my server is not passing?  Any help would be great.  I'm not the
biggest Exchange expert, but I can get along.  However, I can't seem to find
anything wrong with my setup.

Thanks in advance,
Chris