1 LAST CHECK BEFORE UPGRADE

  • From: "Stelley, Douglas" <dstelley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:26:44 -0500

Good morning,
I wanted to make just one last check before upgradeing from E2k to E2k3.

Main Server is Win 2000 server SP4 1.5g Ram dual 1gig proc. OP system
drive mirrored 18 gig Log drive mirrored 18 gig, page drive 18 gig, data
is an external raid 5 scsi 7bay hotswap 180gig free, lots of room for
growth...
Exchange 2000 Enterprise BE with 2 front ends. All on SP3
Doing full backup weekly, differential nightly Using ARCServe 2000
SMTP Gateway server has GFI Essentials & GFI Security for all incoming &
Outgoing mail.
Mcaffee is installed on the server, but excludes checking the M: drive

I will be upgrading the main back end to Exchange Enterprise 2003, and
the front ends to Exchange Standard 2003 (since there is no longer a
requirement for enterprise to be a front end.

I no longer will host the messenger service, its allready gone.

I will upgrade to Win server 2003 upon completion of a smooth running
exchange 2003 deployment

I will upgrade the front ends first (will the current secure sign in
still work without "tweaking" (I hope)

I will upgrade the backend last

I will drink 3 pots of coffee and be a nervous wreck, since I have 1
domain, 1 environment and 1200 users. The last install was a nice
gradual thing. I got it running first, then slowly added users. This
time around I don't have that luxury. Its gotta work, on the first try.

I've eliminated all errors in the event logs, at first glance things are
running real good, so good that I'm scared.

I've read all I can, prepped all I can, and been to every MS training
course I could talk the bosses into (MCSE 2000 with Exchange 2000).

AT FIRST GLANCE, AM I READY? AM I FORGETTING SOMETHING? All you folks
who've upgraded, how'd it go? Should I look out for anything?
Thanks for letting me vent....
-Doug

the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release, dissemination,
have received this communication in error please notify the author immediately
by replying to this message and deleting the original message. Thank you.