[etni] Re: more on Dovratization of education

  • From: "Maxine" <maxine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:03:02 +0200

Lev, I don't see how you can advocate cancelling membership in the Irgun
since the Irgun, flawed as it is, is our only way of exerting organized
pressure on the government.    We've been told that there is going to be a
huge demonstration at Yad Eliyahu on Monday at 3:00 PM protesting the Dovrat
recommendations and I am planning to be there.   I don't see what hope we
have to fight this horrendous,  horrible plan other than through the Irgun.
How else do we have any power?   I must say that I am appalled and terrified
by this whole thing.  Many of us  are set to work harder than we do now and
make LESS MONEY, if the Irgun representative who came to our school
yesterday is to be believed.      The way she explained it, in Dovrat's
ingenious scheme there are going to be four "DARGOT SACHAR", the highest
being reached by a "Moreh Rav Oman," who will be making  - get this
exorbitant salary that's no doubt going to attract the cream of the crop
into the profession - 8,000 shekels bruto.   I hope I do NOT understand, but
if I do, this means that any teacher who, together with his/her vetek,
gmulim and degrees, is making more than than already, is set to actually
MAKE LESS MONEY (that is, the 66% of us who haven't been fired by our newly
empowered principals.)     It's obvious that there is someone whose master
plan is to get rid of all the teachers with more than 15 years experience,
because according to Dovrat, your salary will peak after 15 years and after
that you have no hope of earning more.   The ulterior motive is obvious:  to
drive all those over the age of 40-45 out of the system to start a new
career (perhaps flower arrangement?)
     Outrageous, isn't it, but this is the plan, or so I understand it.

We must do everything in our power to fight Dovrat and the Irgun is our only
hope.

Regards, Maxine Tsvaigrach