[etni] meitzav

  • From: Kathi Pearlmutter <kathip@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:03:28 GMT

Last years meitzav was also difficult.  Only my native speakers came out with
scores of 90 or above.  My top pupils scored in the 70s, and many scored below
50.  You are absolutely right that it is unfair to expect them to do all these
tasks - and not use a dictionary!  Not all of us use the same textbooks, so
vocabulary is varied.  I really think they should be allowed a dictionary to
look up those words which they don't know.  It is so frustrating to come across
a word that you can't figure out from context, and you have no way of looking
it up.
kathi‎