[etni] Re: The unfairness of logs

  • From: "sbshai" <sbshai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rlewen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 00:15:00 +0300

This makes one look forward to retirement!

 I doubt that the lit. program has  affected teacher creativity (just as it
probably hasn't increased students' love of literature) in any appreciable
or significant way.  That's because truly creative teachers don't need (or
like) to be told exactly how they should ignite their students' enjoyment of
literature, or heighten their thinking ability.  Surely, they were doing
that long before HOTS was a mere flickering flame, and they'll be doing it
long after the program is no more than an ember.

Rivka's message actually corroborates a point I tried making in a previous
post : There are different kinds of creativity; some will use it for good,
while others ...  And that's sadly as true of educators as it is for pupils.
But where I diverge from a respected colleague's view is here: Conscientious
teachers will work hard because they owe it to their students, not the
inspectorate.

The bottom line remains the same: Why waste valuable time that we can use to
plan creative lessons on debating the merits and demerits of what's largely
beyond our control?
Enough argument and accusation; let those who love the logs enjoy their
labor and desist from suspecting their colleagues of exclusively "teaching
for the exam" (one who's truly satisfied with his work feels no need to do
such a thing), while the second group (I'm referring to responsible
teachers, of course) continues to seek a better way to inspire their
students (a somewhat quixotic goal, considering the Bagrut requirements)!

And they all lived happily ever after ...

Batya