[etni] Re: Project Problems

  • From: sarag <sarag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bari Nirenberg <nirenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:57:23 +0200

I just looked in the NBA handbook- it does say 8 lessons as a minimum. I
seem to remember that in one of the earlier "hozrim" it said something about
1 - 1.5 month. (But I may be mistaken, of course!). In any case, if the
project grade is equivalent to a test grade, and a test is on about 1.5
month's work, then I think the project should take about the same time.
Of course, what I understand from the irgun's latest letter (on their web
site) is that we can now do whatever we want with the projects. (I don't
think this is so good.)
I remember 4 or 5  years ago, when projects were just starting to be done in
English classes (at least as far as I knew - I wasn't an English teacher
then) my son - in grade 7 or 8 - got a wonderful project to do. But they did
it all at home, with no guidelines or feedback from the teacher until they
handed in the final project.  Even then' I felt that they were missing out
on learning HOW to do a project.
The body language of "I'll call you" is really nice! I'll try to remember to
check it in my clases after the vacation!
   happy hanuka!
   sara g
sara g in israel
sarag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx