[etni] Re: Module A Magen Mark

  • From: Rivka Lewenstein <rlewen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bari Nirenberg <nirenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 03:56:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bari,

My understanding was that last year all projects were put on hold, and that
performance tasks were part of that. Or let me put it another way. I don't
remember hearing anywhere that teachers were expected to do performance tasks
after the Ministry gave in to the Irgun's demands. Yes, this year we were
obviously expected to do it. But in 11th grade doing modules A-C, were we
actually expected to manage both a project and a performance task. I just
assumed (uh, oh, big mistake) that from this year, the Module A nce task for a
class doing 3 points in 11th, then Modules D and E in 12th, would be done in
10th, and a project in 11th. I don't quite see how the Ministry could expect us
to do both a performance task and a project, AND 4 book reports (assuming the
students don't have from last year) AND three short stories AND Bagrut practice
etc. all in one year. In short, I did a project this year, no performance task,
and am giving a magen mark according to the 80-20 division for al
 l three
 modules.

Any comments, anyone?

All the best,
Rivka

> 3) Because of the Irgun Hamorim strike last year, the Ministry
> said that projects didn't have to be done in 10th, which is this
> year's 11th. That means that students who are doing Modules A, B
> and C this year would have to do a project this year. Are they
> supposed to have done a performance task on top of all that? I
> didn't do it with mine. If that is the case with students who are
> doing all three modules, how can you change it for students doing
> only Module A? Again, correct me if my reasoning here is wrong.

I can't remember why, but I'm pretty sure we were told that they did have to
do performance tasks this year. They had to do them last year, as well, by
the way.

Bari