[etni] Module A Magen Mark

  • From: Rivka Lewenstein <rlewen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:15:32 -0700 (PDT)

Bari wrote:

But students don't do projects for module A.  They do performance tasks
and
as far as I know, those are still supposed to be included in the magen
grade
(or am I confused again?).<SNIP>

No, you're not confused about performance tasks vs. projects. However, I don't
think they're supposed to be included in the magen marks either, according to
the following reasoning:

1) The whole system of giving magen marks was conceived as a whole, with
literature showing up in one part and not in the other etc. To me, throwing out
everything but leaving the Module A magen mark to stand as is seems a little
ridiculous.

2) If I remember correctly, Judy Steiner didn't differentiate between Module A
and the other modules regarding the 80-20 breakdown. If I'm wrong, Judy, please
correct me!

3) Because of the Irgun Hamorim strike last year, the Ministry said that
projects didn't have to be done in 10th, which is this year's 11th. That means
that students who are doing Modules A, B and C this year would have to do a
project this year. Are they supposed to have done a performance task on top of
all that? I didn't do it with mine. If that is the case with students who are
doing all three modules, how can you change it for students doing only Module
A? Again, correct me if my reasoning here is wrong.

By the way, isn't it a bit pathetic that two and a half weeks before the
Bagrut, we're still trying to clarify all this? (No offense meant to anyone
specific on this list or off it...)

All the best,
Rivka