[etni] Re: Limor's news

  • From: "Bari Nirenberg" <nirenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <benfam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <lachmanovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:40:26 +0200

I completely agree with both of you.  What I WOULD be willing to do,
however, is what was tried in the "Oz L'tmura" program of the Irgun.
Teachers in the schools that participated in the pilot worked every day from
8 until 4 (I think), but their overall teaching hours were not increased.
Instead, the additional hours were used for meetings, helping students
one-on-one, etc.  I believe that they did not have to come to school in the
evenings for "moatzot pedagogiot" and other meetings -- all of this was done
during school hours.  If any of you worked in the schools where this was
tried, I'd like to hear more about it.  Of course, the Ministry cancelled
the program after the pilot.  It was too expensive.  Gee, what a surprise.

Bari