[etni] Get your students to write to the UN

  • From: Valerie Jakar <vsjakar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, SRIS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 16:10:50 +0300

On 17 May, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will address students from 23
countries gathered in the General Assembly hall at the annual Global
Classrooms Model UN event organized by United Nations Association of the
United States of America (UNA-USA), the membership programme of the UN
Foundation.
In the lead-up to this event, as part of our ongoing "Future We Want"
campaign, all young people around the world are invited to join a social
media Twitter conversation to tell the Secretary-General about the future
they want.  To join the conversation, young people should use this hashtag:
 #gcmodelun.

This is for immediate action. It's a great opportunity  for task-based
learning and doing.

Also see:           http://j.mp/KcXnF0    for more  information.

This is an example of a possible *tweet:*
Calling all young people! Ban Ki-moon wants to know what future YOU want.
Tell him using hashtag #gcmodelun.

--
Valerie.S.Jakar, PhD
Jerusalem, Israel

Mahatma Gandhi said, "I do not want my house to be walled in on all sides
and my windows to be stuffed. I want the culture of all lands to be blown
about my house as freely as possible. But I refuse to be blown off my feet
by any."

** post to list - etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** help - ask@xxxxxxxx
** David Lloyd: ETNI founder & manager