[etni] Fwd: : magenim/ mod. E

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 23:23:13 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Judy Givati <jesg50@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:: magenim/ mod. E

This keeps happening because the English Bagrut Exams do not undergo
the prinicipals by which a reliable, valid test is written. Are the
people from Machon Szold who write these tests even English teachers?
Have they experienced teaching English (currently or at anytime) in
the EFL classroom?    jesg

Sara wrote:
> I agree one hundred percent about E. I looked at it and just thought how bad
> my (weakish) 4 pointers must be feeling. I also don't understand how this
> keeps happening. Isn't there some sort of committee that checks the exams
> before they are printed? If Mo'ed A is consistently over the top, and then
> Mo'ed B is easier, maybe it's just better to put the kids straight into
> Mo'ed B. That way at least they'll have a fighting chance!
> Sara Gelbard
>

> Esther wrote:
>>
>> Was I the only one to think that E was much harder than F and even G?
>
> WHY does this keep happening? (Same thing 2 summers ago!) E is the end of 4
> pt. bagrut careers. Why make it so difficult? In university we all did at
> least one course in statistics. I was taught that if too many low grades
> show up either A- the material was improperly taught or B- the test was too
> difficult. In this case I lean towards latter.

** post to list - etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** help - ask@xxxxxxxx
** David Lloyd: ETNI founder & manager
   http://david.greenlloyd.com