[etni] Re: Fw: yearly grades

  • From: Linda Dayan <lindadayan7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ask@xxxxxxxx>, <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 11:21:49 +0300

Regarding the teacher's grade as 50% of the Bagrut grade, I can't do without
it.  From the beginning of the year my kids know how this grade will be
determined.  At the end of the year, I have almost no arguments from anyone
when I give the grades.  The kids that argue - those who never bothered to show
up for "All My Sons", do any of the work or even any test on the play deserve
to get the 10% less for the school grade.  My answer to "But it's not on the
Bagrut" is that they write a letter of complaint (which they've been
practicing) to the Ministry of Education.  If I didn't have this lever, the
kids who make the effort to learn what I teach would feel cheated.   Those who
do the work usually find it adds to the grade I give them.