[etni] Re: Fw: yearly grades

  • From: sara g <saragabai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI list <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 22:00:33 +0300

I'm sorry but I don't agree with Batya.
 The grade we give used to be called the "magen" and it was defined
as something that will "protect" a student who doesn't feel well on the day
of the bagrut, but did study all year.
but then the name was changed to "tziun shnati" and the explanation i heard
from the MOE was that the student's final grade should be 50% - the bagrut
test grade, and 50% - what s/he did in class - participation, homework,
projects etc. And this can either help or harm the student. If this is
explained to the students and parents over and over, starting in the 10th
grade, even if they argue that the tziyun shanti is lower than what they
will get in the test, they know what your answer is going to be.

   sara g

2010/5/22 Ask_Etni <ask@xxxxxxxx>

> [...]

sara g in israel
sarag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx