[etni] Fw: pay for logs

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 18:14:54 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sharon Tzur" <sharontzu5@xxxxxxx>
Subject: pay for logs

Dear Etniers:

Thanks to whoever pointed out the pay we will get for marking Logs - page 25
of the new guidelines:

"Teachers get paid by the Testing Department for marking the Logs. The
number of Logs marked per hour is the same as for the number of exams marked
for modules D and F."

Now, whatever we think of HOTs and LOGS, I think we can all agree that it is
not reasonable to check a log in 10 minutes . This is totally unfair. (And
even if we only have to "assess" 2 tasks for each piece of material - in our
own staff, we feel that we simply can't just totally ignore the rest of the
log. We have to read it and give some credit for the tasks that we are not
assessing for a grade.) And however you do it, it certainly takes more
effort to check a log than to check an exam. Why are the "manot" the same?

Furthermore, why should we save the ministry 50% of the cost of checking the
exams! The exams are checked TWICE - so for every log we check, we will be
saving the ministry the cost of checking one D or F exam one time. (and when
you consider all the other costs involved in processing the exams through
the Marvad, they are saving more than 1/2 the money for each exam.) Why
shouldn't this money be given to the teachers who are replacing the
examiners?

Why do civics teachers grading the new civic papers get paid at the rate of
2 papers per hour while logs will be checked at 6 per hour?

(And then there are the projects, which we are not being paid to check
either.)

Yours,

Sharon Tzur

** The ETNI Rag **