[etni] Fw: more on literature

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:50:54 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Sharon Tzur - sharontzu5@xxxxxxx
Subject: more on literature

Dear Etniers:

Like all of us, I'm still waiting for more info about the new lit module.

I am very concerned over the problem of supervision. Those who most strongly
favor putting Literature back in the Bagrut argue that over the past 6
years, many teachers have stopped teaching Literature, even though they are
required to do so. If many teachers did not live up to the demands of
alternative assessment when it was given 30% weight in the school grade
(equivalent to about one sixth of the Module F final grade), then how can
the same population of teachers now be empowered to determine 100% of the
Module F grade (by means of a Literature file)?

Will the spot checking that is to be done really be effective? And even if
the Ministry does sample the Literature Files, how will the Ministry know
whether or not the work was done honestly - not by private teachers, or even
with the help of the classroom teacher?