[etni] Fw: Thank you REED

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 06:52:38 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Esther Revivo - estherrv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Thank you REED

Thank you to Adele, Laurie and Avi for the activity corner on the REED site.
Now that we have returned to class, I am looking for activities such as
these for my 9/ 10 graders. I have little time to be creative as I am in
"miluim" :)

Although on early retirement and officially teaching only 8 hrs. I am
helping out with my former twelfth grade class, which I taught 4 years and
my former 11th grade class which I taught for 3 years. (won't go into
details why this is necessary.) So, should anyone else have an idea for
"back to school after the war" activities, please share them here ! Laurie,
I'm doing your "make a poster with newsprint" activity in my next lesson G-d
willing as a way to allow pupils vent their feelings creatively. Marvelous
lesson plan- many thanks.

BTW, smack in the midst of a matkonet in yud bet, one of the girls got an
SMS that a siren rang on her Moshav. Instant chaos. As in Eshkol (which I
heard got many mortars) we had one fall in a Sedot Negev Moshav. Se la vi.
Go make peace unilaterally with people who don't accept your right to exist.
**sigh** At least in Eshkol you have bomb shelters to teach in. We have a
huge campus and most of the girls can't make it to our only two quickly
enough, so we'll just have to pray we won't need them :)

We should all be extra sensitive and alert for those pupils showing EXTREME
anxiety, and pass on names to the michanech(et) and guidance counselor. I'm
sure the folks up north had the same reactions after the 2nd Lebanon War.
Tears; headaches; tummy aches and the inability to concentrate on serious
work.

The Bagrut countdown has begun, but once again, I fear our weakest seniors
may just not pull through. Even without a war, those 5 or so girls would
barely squeak by.

Good luck to all, and once again thank you REED coordinators!
Esther Revivo
Ulpanat Negev Sedot Negev