[etni] Fw: message to fellow "southern" teachers

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 06:57:15 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Leonie Lachmish - simchagirls1@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: message to fellow "southern" teachers

 This is a message to everyone teaching within the 40 km radius of Gaza.
First of all, B'SHA'AH TOVA !  I hope and pray we are entering into a period
of normality and quiet.
Second, and this is not based on any certainty (a strange word altogether
nowadays)  but a hunch based on our experience with schools in the north
after the Second Lebanon War:
There might (hopefully) be budgets made available / gifts from organizations
to the schools / municipalities of the areas which were affected by the
Hamas attacks, for cultural and fun activities for pupils, namely
performances that are brought to the schools.
So, if you wanted an English Day for your pupils but were told by your
principal that there was no budget, really soon would be the time to check
again!
If no such gift transpires, we will be happy to give a 10% reduction to all
schools in the 40 km radius that order SINGLISH within the next 2 months.
A little about SINGLISH - SING IT IN ENGLISH:
It is an educational, interactive, fun “ride” through English-speaking
culture “tailor-made" to suit your pupils with varied programmes of
interactive fun game songs and theatrical comic songs individually suited to
all school grades & English levels, from beginners to native English
speakers, elementary through Junior High and High School.
Each performance features comical discussions / arguments where the pupils
feel the thrill of discovering that they can understand and enjoy a live
performance in English (without subtitles!).
We also have Hebrew programmes.
More on our site: www.lachmish-hafakot.com  or by phone,
Leonie Lachmish : 08-8602322;  050-6587705

SINGLISH: Sing It In English, programmes for English students of all ages
and levels :
http://lachmish-hafakot.com/singlish/singlish1.htm