[etni] About taping

  • From: "Shulamit Zeifer" <ziefer_s@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:38:01 +0300

I usually read what is asked but don't react. This time the complaint about
the enormous task of taping so many copies for the Matkonet caught me in a
very similar position. What is worse, I have just learned how to tape and
copy material on the computer- on CDs. It takes only a fraction of the time
it takes to do it on a regular tape. It is also more manageable and
editable. Moreover, the kids nowadays more often have disc players than
taperecorders, so they would rather use those. The problem is that if they
use CDs which I now know how to prepare for them, but they get tapes at the
final exams, they will find them difficult to work with because they have
not practised using them during the schoolyear. Can the ministry of
education readjust its recording method to suit the 21st century, or is it
too much to ask? It would not cost more if the tapes were replaced by CDs,
would it?
Shulamit