[etni] mutam and tape

  • From: "Sharon Tzur" <sharontzu5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <emilias@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<r.moreno@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:33:24 +0300

Unofficial answer to question about mutam and tape.

A student can have both mutam and HaKraat Sheilon. Since the Mutam exams
involves cutting out a whole section of the exam (in the old format), there
is no problem. the student can just skip the tape over that part. In the new
Bagrut, very little is actually cut out for the mutam exam. Except for A,
where one reading passage can still be left out, in all the others, either
they skip the listening (which is at the end of the tape anyway) or they
just write less - in some exams, there is no cutting out at all.

I seem to remember there is some chozer somewhere or other that states that
a student can be read to by a teacher in the event that he is unable to cope
with a tape. However, I think most kids can use a tape with some practice,
and it gives them some independence, and is more fair because it is equal -
all the kids are hearing the same reading, same speed, etc. The new exam,
being cut into little pieces also makes things easier. Less tape to navigate
around.

Yours,

Sharon Tzur