[esnr] Re: The SAN-Clan

  • From: Joe Siri Ekgren <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:07:23 +0200

Dear Berrie,

At 08:56 +0200 18.06.04, Berrie Gerrits wrote:

[...]I would say, like Dr. Congedo and like more clinical oriented collegues: go
back to negotiate with iSNR and try to implement the European ideas. There
is strength in numbers.

And one may also say that too many cooks spoil the broth. I am not on the board, so I speak for myself. It makes sense to me that we spend our resources on creating instead of negotiating. This list is case in poin, brimming with energy and a positive climate which is refreshing.

Secondly: it seems that Trontheim is going to be the place where a future University degree in QEEG and NT can be obtained. This strikes me. Why not a more central place like Zürich, München, Prague, Paris, etcetera?

Trondheim will be one place to obtain training, and neuropsychologist Knut Hestad has slowly but surely built NF and qEEG into the psychology curriculum at the Norwegian Technical University (NTNU). The model of cooperation may be freely copied, so I think that the future will bring a score of universities that will offer NF and qEEG training, not just Trondheim.

But mainly my question is: what are the political agenda's behind all these developments??

I am not sure what you have in mind. I feel the board has communicated its intentions quite clearly in thirteen succinct and concrete points.

I think it is good to keep in mind that all the marvelous work in the ESNR/SAN is done on a voluntary basis. In my opinion SAN is a group of dedicated clinicians and scientists trying to make the best with limited resources. I believe SAN is a way of conserving energy while promoting the field. Tip of the hat to all those contibuting in big or small ways!

best regards,

--
Joe Siri Ekgren   MD
Oslo, Norway