Re: Move does not preserve timestamps.

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:33:17 -0500

Hello again Jonathon.

> I just got 0.3 for testing, and I noticed something that I never caught
> on to before. Seems the "file.move" command does not preserve timestamps.
For "real" moves, only the ctime is changed, and AFAIK there's nothing
practical that can be done about that.

Now that you mention it, I realise that when moving between partitions, between
filesystems etc (where it must fall back to a copying  process), the mtime and
atime would not be preserved. I can readily fix that.