[emelfm] Re: elm2 opened

  • From: Florian Zähringer <flo.zaehringer@xxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 22:36:09 +0200

Hi Martintxo,

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:13:06 +0200
Martin Zelaia <martintxoz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Florian, many thanks for the development of emelfm. It's exciting!! :-D

I hate to dampen the mood but I'm more administrating than developing :-/
Which is a good time to encourage anybody on this list to help. If anybody of
you guys wants to learn anything about C or knows somebody who does I'm willing
to help whenever possible. But my time is limited so I can't make any big jumps
(which is not necessary, fortunately).
My first experience with C was because I wanted to fix emelfm. Any attempt to
help is appreciated!

> I download emelfm_0.9.2-elm2.tar.gz today and build it in a Sarge
> environment with 'fakeroot debian/rules binary'. The only issue is that
> elm2 is made for etch/sid and needs a debhelper version of 5.x (I hoppe)
> and in sarge it is 4.2.32. So in the build process it's stoped with the
> following error:
>
>  dh_clean: Sorry, but 4 is the highest compatibility level of debhelper
> currently supported.
>  make: *** [install-stamp] Error 1
>
> But this issue is easy to overcome. I only need to change the debian/compat
> file and puts a '4' in it. That's all, all is Ok now :-D.

Ok, couldn't test that here on my laptop which runs etch. Another approach
would be to just take the debian/ from -elm1.
If you could please mail me the .deb could be nice to have it on the website as
well.
If anybody does rpms for any disto, send them as well if you like.

> My new emelfm elm2 works well with the following libraries:
>
> libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-21): 2.3.2.ds1-22
> libglib1.2 (>= 1.2.0): 1.2.10-9
> libgtk1.2 (>= 1.2.10-4): 1.2.10-17
> xlibs (>> 4.1.0): 4.3.0.dfsg.1-14
>
> I build it with gcc 3.3.5-3 (that's, a sarge environment, I hoppe).
>
> If you need a deb package for sarge, I can mail you.

see above

> That's all. Thanks for continuing the great work. Say me if you need some
> help that I can made for you. Greetings. Martintxo.

Yeah sure you can :) Could you please send me your patch again? This time
against elm2?

Cheers,
-- Florian