[emelfm] Re: elm2 opened

  • From: Martin Zelaia <martintxoz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:13:06 +0200

Hello:

Florian, many thanks for the development of emelfm. It's exciting!! :-D

I download emelfm_0.9.2-elm2.tar.gz today and build it in a Sarge
environment with 'fakeroot debian/rules binary'. The only issue is that
elm2 is made for etch/sid and needs a debhelper version of 5.x (I hoppe)
and in sarge it is 4.2.32. So in the build process it's stoped with the
following error:

 dh_clean: Sorry, but 4 is the highest compatibility level of debhelper
currently supported.
 make: *** [install-stamp] Error 1

But this issue is easy to overcome. I only need to change the debian/compat
file and puts a '4' in it. That's all, all is Ok now :-D.

My new emelfm elm2 works well with the following libraries:

libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-21): 2.3.2.ds1-22
libglib1.2 (>= 1.2.0): 1.2.10-9
libgtk1.2 (>= 1.2.10-4): 1.2.10-17
xlibs (>> 4.1.0): 4.3.0.dfsg.1-14

I build it with gcc 3.3.5-3 (that's, a sarge environment, I hoppe).

If you need a deb package for sarge, I can mail you.

That's all. Thanks for continuing the great work. Say me if you need some
help that I can made for you. Greetings. Martintxo.

Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:44:27 +0200 eguna,
Florian Zähringer <flo.zaehringer@xxxxxx>(e)k idatzi zuen:

> Hi folks!
>
> Don't get too excited over the subject of this email ;-)
>
> It's only two small changes but I hope to find the time for some more the
> coming week. My plan is to do some pre-releases for elm2 and you guys
> test it :)
>
> For now I adjusted the debian/ subfolder to work with current debian
> testing and unstable and I added the year in the date fields. Next thing
> will be Martinxo's patch and maybe some easy things from the suggestion
> list. _If_ I find the time.
>
> The website has now a "testing section" where you can follow developments
> for elm2 until the final release:
> http://elm.emelfm2.net/emelfm/emelfm.html
>
> and feel free to grap the new source at
> http://elm.emelfm2.net/emelfm/src/emelfm_0.9.2-elm2.tar.gz
>
> I also fixed the website to point to the right sources of elm1 again.
>
> Cheers,
> -- Florian

.... Fortunes power :-P ....
Se ha alcanzado la excelencia como líder cuando la gente lo sigue a uno
a todas partes, aunque sólo sea por curiosidad.
                -- Colin Powell.