[EMAS] Re: Hendersonville/ Mountain Home Peeps

  • From: Marilyn Westphal <mjwestph@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Audubon Society" <emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:45:33 -0400

Just ran over and checked the Rugby Drive field for the peeps as it is only
a few minutes from our house.  Didn't see anything there.  I checked the
field below the church across from the cemetery.  I didn't see any standing
water, so I guess it dried up during the day.  It might be better tomorrow
if it rains.  Also checked a few other fields around but only found a lot
of Killdeer and Meadowlarks.  The field by VanWingerden behind the pond has
a lot of standing water in it, so might be good to check from time to
time.  Occasionally in March the myriads of Snipe in there will stand out
in the open so you can actually see them.  It can also be good for other
shorebirds at times.  The best access to the VanWingerden fields during
work days is from Schoolhouse Rd, otherwise you have to drive through the
work area.  I don't like to barge through there on work days and never park
next to the buildings.  Many years ago someone came out and told me we were
a distraction to employees inside when we park or stand where they can see
us.
Marilyn

--
Marilyn Westphal