[elky] Re: Nate's new Wheels

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 07:37:43 -0500

Yes, this is the Aluminum body. I haven't ridden in this plush a ride in a
long time. Handling is great. Plenty of power, quiet as can be. Lots of
wood trim.

[image: betty_1_s.jpg]

Cindy found a Boston Terrier running loose last night while on a walk with
a Customer's dog near out house. She informed me before I came home that we
had a visitor. Earlier in the day, Nate had been volunteering at the local
Pet Smart, cleaning cat cages, and helping as a volunteer for adoption.
Cindy stopped in to see him and there was a scanner there for chip reading.
So we loaded up the dog who Nate named "Betty"  (for Schlitz Betty, my old
band, in a feeble attempt to get us to keep the dog) in the Jag and took
her to see if she had a chip. She didn't. So Cindy started calling, and as
it turns out, the police had a report of a missing terrier that matched the
description. The police called the owners and in minutes the dog and owner
were reunited. Small victory for the evening. I drove the Jag to the pet
store, and Cindy drove it home. Nate promptly took off for Rockford about
45 minutes away to meet up with his old college room mate for some night
life.

The kitchen is coming right along. Andrew really appreciates the fact that
we are letting him take his time and work on it between jobs. We appreciate
the price. We have 3 - 6" can lights and a light switch again, so we aren't
relying on the stove or the sink lighting. The other fixture will be going
bye bye asap (when the mud work is done).

All for now,
JC

[image: kitchen_103011.jpg]

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 8:50 PM, Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>                      Looks good. I like the L version for a little added
> room. I dont' worry too much about the engine itself but the electronics
> attached to it. Jag was horrible at electrical and Ford is better but still
> not the best. I liked seeing the aluminum body at the car shows when they
> started them in 04.
>
>                           Robert Adams
>

> On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 6:59 PM, John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> Nate was wanting to bank $200 a month more than he is now, so he traded
>> the 2007 Volvo C70 in on a 2004 one little old lady owned Jag XJ8 today.
>> Really (really) nice ride with pretty good ratings for a used car. I love
>> it. I had a Mark X once, a 1963 with lots of expensive problems. Still love
>> the Jags though. This one is a Ford V8 with proven reliability. JD Power
>> rated 5 out of 5 on it.
>> Here's a pic.
>>
>> JC

JPEG image