[elky] Re: My diet is over and other stuff

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 11:06:37 -0400 (EDT)

You would think over heating problems would be a cinch to fix. Seams like
there are 101 things that show over heating.
Could be the gage, you seam to  say you notice it overheats now that  you
fixed the gage. Did the engine feel like it was over heating? "us" old
timers don't need a gage to tell us what we see/feel.
  Here's a race track temp cheat, when it shows overheating on the  gage,
lightly spray mist of water over engine. It will transfer heat off  the block
26 times faster. see if gage changes. No cost involved.

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 7/15/2011 10:23:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

In other news, I got the temp gauge working in the Camaro  and sorta wish I
hadn't.  Sumbitch overheats like crazy.  I removed  the thermostat (a major
project in itself...my hands are cut to ribbons) and  it still overheats.
Today I'll remove the A/C condenser and see if  that's blocking air flow to
the radiator as well as see if there's a way to  keep the electric fan
running all the  time.