[elky] My diet is over and other stuff

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 08:23:48 -0600

I quit. I started out with the goal of losing 50 pounds (25 percent of my body weight.) I've been hovering around 160 (-20 percent) for a couple of weeks and I'm tired of playing the game. I'm sick of rabbit food and chicken. I'm gonna go get a steak and a cream soda and then do my best to eat sensibly. I'll continue to avoid bedtime ice cream, junk food breakfasts, etc. But I'm thru starving myself.

I tried on the firesuit Mike Huber so kindly sent to me this morning and it fits with plenty of room to spare. I'm never gonna look like a Formula 1 driver (all those guys are skinny as peeled sticks) but then I'm 63 years old and I've been rode hard and put away wet way too many times.

In other news, I got the temp gauge working in the Camaro and sorta wish I hadn't. Sumbitch overheats like crazy. I removed the thermostat (a major project in itself...my hands are cut to ribbons) and it still overheats. Today I'll remove the A/C condenser and see if that's blocking air flow to the radiator as well as see if there's a way to keep the electric fan running all the time.

I got my replacement Canon printer and so far it prints fairly well. I spend a bunch of time with it yesterday and made a lotta prints...a few failures, but most of 'em successes. Now I gotta make the whole thing work in the Burb with the laptop. But I think I have a better idea of how to set it up now.

I gotta get a million things done now.