[elky] Re: Happy New Year!

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 09:36:16 -0800

not sure it's in any way related but our power drops in the late afternoon/evening hours. It affects the tv mostly, so Dan put something on it. I can ask if it might help? I genuinely do not know what I am talking about. Our Internet comes from our good old boy phone company and often drops when the phone rings. Doesn't do much good to complain - there is a reason our internet service is in our son's name - he knows more about it than they do.

mary

P.S. I would have sent wishes out yesterday but we only have Internet part of the day. It seems our buried phone cable has "partially" shorted out and gives up the ghost about 4 pm every day (for some reason only the techie gods would understand); we have no phone on the cable at all but just this ersatz cable connect. We were gone during the early afternoon yesterday and the service didn't even last until 3:30 when we got home. The phone company and the county can't get their crap together about a permit to go under the road to replace the cable. Both are intolerable bureaucracies; gonna give Comcast a look-see next.