[elky] Re: Fleur-de-Lis - Ford emblem

  • From: "Justin" <6t5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:26:04 -0700

Very nice touch!

  _____

From: elky-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:elky-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of John Christensen
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 12:12 PM
To: El Camino List
Subject: [elky] Fleur-de-Lis - Ford emblem

I just finished this for my friend Tom's Fox body project for his girls.
It's copper with a star burst finish on it. I bought a silver pendant, and
soldered a couple pieces of copper tubing on the back to rivet it to the
backing plate. Then the whole thing got a 24K gold electroplate (heavy
deposition plating... the same plating I used on this SS emblem
<http://myelcamino.net/ec/ss_st-gold.jpg>  that has see 12 winters and
plenty of car washes and bugs).

It's my contribution, for all the times Tom has bailed me out, sometimes for
hours on end. We shared a beer today, while I watched him sand the orange
peel off the primer. He should be shooting paint on it soon. The grille
should be black, and this should look real nice. I think it's going to be
silver on the bottom. 2 tone paint scheme.

Tom teaches Auto Shop at Saint Charles East High School, and his daughters
are both there now. One is turning 16 soon, and this will be her wheels. The
Fleur de Lis is the school logo.

JC

133d0d2310

133d0d2310