[elky] Re: Cindy is OK, but very sore - Mini crash today

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 06:23:04 -0600

Oh, my God! That's horrible! I agree with you completely about the safety equipment...and I have to confess that I'm one who rarely uses a seatbelt. I'm just glad to hear that the injuries are relatively minor. They probably don't feel too minor at the moment, but when one considers what could have happened....

Certainly she (and you, John) are in my prayers and thoughts. I hope her recovery is a very swift one and that the issues (insurance, medical, etc) are minimal.

Love to you both,

On 5/19/2012 8:47 PM, John Christensen wrote:
Cindy was on her way to a job this afternoon, headed North on Riverside drive, and an SUV (trailblazer) didn't see her coming as he turned on the the road from Moore St. He broadsided her on the passenger side (see his license plate holder) and it rolled her 3 times before she came to rest pointed the way she came from. She was probably going 35 or so. Thank GOD no one was on the bike path she was sitting on.

We had an ambulance ride together, and she checked out OK. No concussion, lots of abrasion from broken glass.... it was everywhere on her. Thank GOD for safety equipment on these cars. She was wearing her belt. That is the worst injury so far. Very sore where the belt was holding her. She has a pretty good bump on her forehead, and a scrape there, along with knee scrapes and elbow scrapes, but nothing serious or life threatening. The next 3 days will be very hard I bet.

We will have to sort out the police report tomorrow, and get the stuff out of the car, where ever it ended up. every panel is affected, and the roof. There was no drivers side glass intact. I do not think it will be getting fixed. We sure liked the car, and it saved her life.

Please put her on your prayer list for a speedy recovery. I have her put to bed for the night. If you want to touch base, please wait till morning. It's been a long afternoon.

Thanks,