[elky] Re: Cindy is OK, but very sore - Mini crash today

  • From: Dann Keller <kwhale22@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ray Buck et al <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 22:43:17 -0700

Yes, indeed, thank goodness for all of the safety features.  And more
importantly, wishes for Cindy a speedy recovery.  The next few days will be
harsh but with no serious injuries it would seem to be only a matter of time
and anti-inflammatories; but it still sucks.

Dan

From: johncgg@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 21:47:31 -0500
Subject: [elky] Cindy is OK, but very sore - Mini crash today

Cindy was on her way to a job this afternoon, headed North on Riverside drive,
and an SUV (trailblazer) didn't see her coming as he turned on the the road
from Moore St. He broadsided her on the passenger side (see his license plate
holder) and it rolled her 3 times before she came to rest pointed the way she
came from. She was probably going 35 or so. Thank GOD no one was on the bike
path she was sitting on.

We had an ambulance ride together, and she checked out OK. No concussion, lots
of abrasion from broken glass.... it was everywhere on her. Thank GOD for
safety equipment on these cars. She was wearing her belt. That is the worst
injury so far. Very sore where the belt was holding her. She has a pretty good
bump on her forehead, and a scrape there, along with knee scrapes and elbow
scrapes, but nothing serious or life threatening. The next 3 days will be very
hard I bet.

We will have to sort out the police report tomorrow, and get the stuff out of
the car, where ever it ended up. every panel is affected, and the roof. There
was no drivers side glass intact. I do not think it will be getting fixed. We
sure liked the car, and it saved her life.

Please put her on your prayer list for a speedy recovery. I have her put to bed
for the night. If you want to touch base, please wait till morning. It's been a
long afternoon.

Thanks,