[elky] Re: 76 sprint VIN

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 10:38:18 -0700

ta da! I found it. And you are lucky because I have two copies of 1976 GMC truck service manual supplement, one of which you can have Saul! Just let me know.

Right there on page 1 it lists the assembly plants:

Z = Freemont
D = Doraville
R = Arlington
B = Baltimore

Not sure what state Freemont is in (CA?) but there was a GM plant there in the mid 70s.

Mary

My seventh digit is a 'Z' ??? Also, apparently my Sprint is a "Classic" The dash looks the same as my '73. Big boxy speedometer, and a separate rectangular area to the left with a fuel gauge and 3 idiot lights. No fuel economy gauge, although I did see in the owner's manual where that was an option.