[edi581] "Flight 33" hoax

  • From: JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 12:47:40 EDT

The following "coincidence" is going around the Internet:

> Be sure to check this out, it's freaky.
> 1. Open WORD
> 2. Type the following flight number exactly Q 33 NY
>    (this is the flight that hit the WTC)
> 3. Change the size of the letters to 26
> 4. Change the font to wingdings

Sorry, folks.  This is another "urban legend."  (It ranks right up there with
the bogus "Nostradamus prediction" that's making the rounds.)

I'm afraid there WAS no "Flight 33" that crashed into the World Trade
Center."  (Whoever started this hoax hoped you were gullible enough to buy
it, just so those scary little graphics would work out.)

The ACTUAL flight numbers were:

     United Airlines: Flight 93 and Flight 175
     American Airlines: Flight 11 and Flight 77

Jerry Taylor
Technology Integration Teacher
Greece, NY School District
Web page - jerrytaylor.homestead.com

"Tell a man that there are 300-billion stars in the universe
 and he'll believe you.  Tell him a bench has wet paint on it
 and he'll have to touch it to be sure."