[ebooktalk] Re: SEEING THE UPSIDE

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 08:14:54 +0100

I've actively hated some of the books by him including amsterdam and Saturday.
I think he takes the idea of the literary conceit too far in the latter and
contrived plotting too far in the former.  but I loved Atonement and greatly
admired The comfort of strangers.  It would be wrong to say I enjoyed or even
liked it.  It's much too uncomfortable for that.