[ebooktalk] Re: Death of Derrick Longden

  • From: "Trish Talbot" <trish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 13:23:31 +0100

I know what you mean, Clare, and if I'm honest, I do find those parts of his books slightly irritating, but they are just a small part of the books. I think it's an affectionate way of teasing his wife, whom he clearly admires in many ways, and I have the impression that, as someone trying to adjust to sight loss in her adult life, she finds it a struggle and makes mistakes. I just glossover all those "blind" bits and enjoy the bits about the cats and about his encounters with the people he meets.

Trish.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Clare Gailans" <cgailans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>