[ebooktalk] Death of Derrick Longden

  • From: "Trish Talbot" <trish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 20:06:50 +0100

I was very sad to hear this morning that Derrick Longden died at the weekend.
His books are by no means classics, but he wrote with a quirky sense of humour
about life as he witnessed it, including his cats as characters and imagining
what they would say to him.  He also wrote two very moving books, one about his
wife, and the disabling condition that eventually led to her death, the other
about his mother, who had a stroke.  I know readers either love him or loath
him, but His books should really rank among my favourites, as I've read many of
them several times over when I was in need of a good laugh.

Trish.