[ebooktalk] Re: BRAGG BOOKS

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:49:02 +0100

Here Here!

I do not find listening to a book at all the same as reading it. Reading is
a far more involving exercise. You have a direct relationship with the book.

When listening I find that I do not have to do nearly so much work and the
relationship is with the reader and their interpretation of the book which
might be quite different to mine.

Listening to books via artificial speech is more like reading as the voice
does not do any interpretation but you can sometimes get bogged down trying
to understand what the voice is saying. It is more akin to reading with
dodgy braille than indulging in a good read.

Steve