[ebooktalk] Re: BRAGG BOOKS

  • From: "Clare Gailans" <cgailans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 09:59:26 +0100

I suppose this stupid use of the word narrator has also been embraced by many sighted people, who don't seem to consider listening to an audiobook truly reading it. I'm on several lists where people say I read this, this and this over the last week, and I also listened to that and that. Mind you, I have some sympathy with this view as I don't consider speech literacy in the way braille is. It really annoys me that RNIB will not come out and say that braille is the only true literacy for those who can't manage print. If they would, there'd be a lot more support, political and financial, for it. Clare