[ebooktalk] Re: BOOKER BOOKS was Re: Re: Alison's books.

  • From: "Elaine Harris \(Rivendell\)" <elaineharris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 12:52:59 +1000

Must confess I could be had up in front of the House of UnAustralian
activities for this but am bored to death by the sanctification of the Kelly
Gang here; revered would be an understatement, so a book on them holds no
interest. Australian writer, Russell Braddon, endeared himself to me when he
described them as "A bunch of thugs".

Russell Braddon's novel, "Endplay", is a delicious little mystery and his
account of life in Changi and on the Thai-Burma Railway, "The Naked Island"
pulls no punches. He was captured by the Japanese on his 21st birthday.

Take care,

Elaine