[eagleengineering] Re: Ballast

  • From: "Karen Hillblom" <KandNplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <eagleengineering@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 06:20:12 -0700

lets bring some
you never know if we might need it
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeff Kane
  To: eagleengineering@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2005 9:48 PM
  Subject: [eagleengineering] Re: Ballast

  Oh and we're not changing the thread at Atlanta.  The old stuff is staying on
the wheels, so we don't need to bring any new thread.

  -Jeff

  Michael Montazeri <chaoticprout@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Yes, and taking into account what happened at So Cal, we don't want to
    look bad at qualifiers because we totally changed our drive train.

    On Apr 10, 2005 8:50 PM, Jeff Kane wrote:
    > Ya, the drive train is alright. We should just add weight to the back like
    > Mr. Mitchell had said. Changing the drive train in Atlanta on Thursday
will
    > be somewhat of a big task and chances are, we will have many problems. One
    > will be having drive wheels in the front on the bent chassis. The drive
    > wheels are bigger and that will also not affect the robot rocking over the
    > front wheels. We have about 10 spare pounds on the robot that we can use
    > for adding extra weight, so we should see to adding some weights in the
    > battery box, or on the chassis. Oh and Nick...most of the weight is in the
    > back. The b attery, gearboxes, and the two posts holding up the arm are
    > closer to the back of the chassis. Only when the arm is extended over the
    > front of the chassis does it seem like the weight is out there because of
    > how the center of gravity changes and the robot rocks on the front
wheels.
    > Turning will also be durastically changed too because the turning radius
    > will be around the front of the robot where the arm is rather than the
back
    > of the robot, where all of the weight is.
    >
    > -Jeff
    >

    > Michael Montazeri wrote:
    > I'd rather not change a working drive train at Atlanta....
    >
    > On Apr 10, 2005 6:43 PM, Karen Hillblom wrote:
    > > that is an issue that we were discusing befor we shiped the robot
    > > that problem can be fixed by puting the 4 driven wheels to the front
    > insted
    > > of the back and have the omni wheels in the back
    & gt; > because most of the weight is in the front

  http://mail.yahoo.com