[eagleengineering] Re: Ballast

  • From: Jeff Kane <stonefan527@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eagleengineering@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 20:50:15 -0700 (PDT)

Ya, the drive train is alright.  We should just add weight to the back like Mr.
Mitchell had said.  Changing the drive train in Atlanta on Thursday will be
somewhat of a big task and chances are, we will have many problems.  One will
be having drive wheels in the front on the bent chassis.  The drive wheels are
bigger and that will also not affect the robot rocking over the front wheels.
We have about 10 spare pounds on the robot that we can use for adding extra
weight, so we should see to adding some weights in the battery box, or on the
chassis.  Oh and Nick...most of the weight is in the back.  The battery,
gearboxes, and the two posts holding up the arm are closer to the back of the
chassis.  Only when the arm is extended over the front of the chassis does it
seem like the weight is out there because of how the center of gravity changes
and the robot rocks on the front wheels.  Turning will also be durastically
changed too because the turning radius will be around the fr
 ont of
 the robot where the arm is rather than the back of the robot, where all of the
weight is.

-Jeff

Michael Montazeri <chaoticprout@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd rather not change a working drive train at Atlanta....