[duxuser] Re: slash in fractions

  • From: "Susan" <chrn3292@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 00:28:55 -0500

Jean,

There are a couple of options in Word.

The first is to put the slash itself in Exact translation (the slash is in
the simbraille font).

     1/2 cup sugar

The second option is to use DBT codes for Grade 0 and Grade 2. If you insert
the base code via the DBT Codes menu, the codes themselves will be hidden
text. This would be preferable if the Word document needed to be printed, in
which case make sure your slash is *not* included as part of the hidden
text. If the file is going straight into DBT, it doesn't make any difference
if the codes/slash are hidden.

     1[[*cz*]]/[[*tx*]][[*g2*]]2 cup sugar

I suggest you create an AutoCorrect for the slash portion, and the easiest
way to go about that is to copy the string below and use that.

As AutoCorrect, it will be very quick to insert the codes/slash.

To get the correct translation in DBT, the only thing I know to do is to
press Alt-0 / Alt-2. I don't know of any other way to inform DBT that you
want the single cell slash.

Susan