[duxuser] OT braille 2000 files

  • From: "Jean Menzies" <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 18:30:15 -0600

Please respond off-list if anyone can help, as this is off-topic for this
list. My office uses both DBT 10.7 and Braille 2000.

My question is, is there any way to import an .ABT file into Duxbury? I
gather it is an unsupported file type, and I can appreciate why that is.
However, one of my roles is to emboss various files and parts of files, some
of which are .ABT files. I've discovered that using Jaws, I can navigate at
least one of the menus in Braille 2000 and can at least open and emboss
files.

I don't want to stray into discussing Braille 2000, but I want to talk
off-list to anyone who can give me a few keyboard pointers for Braille 2000.
Are there any Jaws users who have learned some non-mouse tricks with this
program? E.G., Today I was trying to select a portion of a braille .ABT file
and emboss three copies of my selection. I couldn't get text to select with
the shift-down arrow keys.

I'd love a way to "sneak" DBT more into the picture as I have no trouble
using that. Please contact me off-list at jemenzies@xxxxxxx

if you have any helpful hints for blind users of Braille 2000.

Is there somewhere I can get a demo copy of this program to play with at
home just to see what I can get Jaws to do with it? And, no, I certainly
won't be switching. LOL.

Jean