[duxuser] Re: scanning, missing words, DBT

  • From: "Blackburn, Alan" <Alan.Blackburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:49:28 +1100

Denise

Scanning and OCR are such imprecise arts! If the OCR software has
misinterpreted parts of the work-sheet as a graphic rather than letters,
say for example, because it has marks on it or smudges, or is a bad
photocopy, the software may not OCR those parts correctly. Check in the
Word file that there are no "little pictures" of text, if there are DBT
will ignore them on import of course, hence your holes in the text.
Another symptom of this problem is jumbled up text or text out of order.

Alan