[duxuser] Re: printing .dxb file

  • From: Sandra McCoy <smccoy67@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser freelists.org <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:04:45 -0800

Hi George,
   In my DBT view menu, Simbraille is checked and when I print it, all I get is
print font that are what the braille cells stand for and not the actual braille
dots.  The Braille font choice does not work either.  When I go to global
settings and choose "font", it gives 18 as the SimBraille size.  I have checked
in WORD and the braille is printed when I use that as the font so my printer
will print the braille cell.  Somehow or the other DBT 10.7 will not recognize
my braille choice in the print mode.

   Can you think of what to do?

Sandy

Subject: [duxuser] Re: printing .dxb file
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:29:25 +0000
From: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Sandy,

First, if you want to print braille dots on paper, you will need to ensure that
in DBT’s “View” menu,  you check either Braille Font or Simbraille Font.

Once you have done that, try “Printing” a short piece of text to ensure you are
in fact getting print dots.

If you are, you may then want to check on the size of the printed braille.  You
can adjust this my going to DBT’s Global menu and selecting “Fonts”.  For an
explanation of this dialog, press F1 for context sensitive Help.

Finally, once you have got things as you want,  when you print, in that dialog,
there’s an “Interline Print” check box which, if checked, will (or should) give
you a line of normal print above each line of printed braille.  This can be
useful for someone who perhaps does not know braille and needs to know what the
braille actually says.

George.