[duxuser] Re: printing .dxb file

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:29:25 -0000

Hi Sandy,

First, if you want to print braille dots on paper, you will need to
ensure that in DBT's "View" menu,  you check either Braille Font or
Simbraille Font.

Once you have done that, try "Printing" a short piece of text to
ensure you are in fact getting print dots.

If you are, you may then want to check on the size of the printed
braille.  You can adjust this my going to DBT's Global menu and
selecting "Fonts".  For an explanation of this dialog, press F1 for
context sensitive Help.

Finally, once you have got things as you want,  when you print, in
that dialog, there's an "Interline Print" check box which, if checked,
will (or should) give you a line of normal print above each line of
printed braille.  This can be useful for someone who perhaps does not
know braille and needs to know what the braille actually says.

George.