[duxuser] Re: Which Menu Item

  • From: Steve Dresser <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:34:14 -0500

Katherine,

You can change the default by creating a new template. To do this, open a new document and change whatever settings you like. In this case, change the grade to Grade I. Then go to "Add Template" in the Document Menu and give your template a meaningful name, such as "Grade I Braille" and save it. The next time you want to create a document, use that template and you will automatically be in Grade I. If you don't want a document in Grade I, use a different template.

Steve

On Wednesday 3/22/06 05:05 Catherine Thomas wrote:

It's kind of a shame. In earlier versions of Duxbury it was possible to use a menu to change the grade of Braille so that it stayed changed until it was switched back again. As I explained in a prior message, the person needs to prepare a number of documents in Grade one Braille for a particular project. If I understand you correctly, there is no way of changing the default so to speak temporarily except by changing it for each and every document no matter how short. Personally I think this is a change for the worse in Duxbury. If anybody can suggest another way of handling this problem, please advise.
Catherine