[duxuser] Re: VersaPoint Duo Question

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 23:44:48 -0000

Hi Shepora,

> Perhaps George may be able to suggest some other ways of getting rid of
static electricity.

In all honesty I have not!  Your American electric system scares the
proverbial whatnot out of me.

Here in the U.K. the case or chassis of any device which is metallic must be
connected to ground, or "earth" as it is called here in electronic terms.

Our plugs have three very obvious pins.  Live, Neutral and Earth.  However
in the States and in Europe, there are very often only two pins in plugs -
Live and Neutral.

That said, each of the above do have plugs which include a ground/earth
connection, and so you should check with the manufacturer of the equipment
if such a connection will indeed reduce the effect of static.

George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd

---